Friday, November 12, 2010

Macs & Mexican

I FINALLY got a cell phone yesterday!!!!!!....after 3 and a half months of waiting for the arrival of my new iPhone 4, I am now "somebody" in this bustling metropolis of many! They say nobody knows (or cares) who you are in this town unless you have a cell....guess I finally can be "known" now! Ha! But seriously.....I'm definitely feeling the love of Mac! I'm the proud owner of TWO MacBook Pro Laptops (thanks to one I'd already purchased a year and a half ago back in the states and a 2nd I received upon my arrival here at Seoul Foreign), an iPod Touch, an iPod nano (pink of course!), and now....an iPhone 4!!! Geez....what does one DO with so much technology????

I can't believe I've lasted so long without a phone. It was an eye-opening experience to realize just how much people rely on their cell phones these last few months without having one. Trust me....there were plenty of times I really wished I could have called up a friend on the spot or texted a pal to say "what's shakin', bacon?", but now that I have my phone and I can do all those things, I don't seem to be as excited as I thought I would be. I guess I just don't want to become a "phone obsesssor" - too many people get too attached to their mobiles (I know I did back home in the states) and I'm hoping I can find a balance where I can enjoy the amazingness that IS the iPhone 4, but not get too caught up in the mayhem of cell phone frenzy!

Aside from the fabulousness of my iPhone 4, I've had the unique pleasure of eating Mexican food the last four weekends in a row. Take a pleasurable 25 minute walk to "On the Border Mexican Grill", and you can have yourself a taste of American inspired Mexican food....with a Korean twist. Sure their sour cream doesn't really taste like sour cream and sure they don't completely know how much tequila to put into a margarita, but hey....its good fun and its a "taste of home" being that its a western based restaurant chain......but four weeks in a row???? FOUR????? Honestly, it has not been me personally that has been venturing to "On the Border" by choice these last few weeks, nor have I gone there alone and pathetically sat by myself in the corner eating deep fried beans! It just so happened that varying parties of friends and colleagues have unanimously declared "On the Border" as their "go-to" gathering spot for large groups for the Fall of 2010!!!
Don't get me wrong...I've always been a Mexican food advocate! Thus, in theory, I should be counting my blessings that I've had the chance to dine so many times off the Mexican grill this season....but wow.....Mexican food in Korea??....that's a funny thought......

...think about it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment